Friday, April 18, 2008

No, the *first* Baptist church

We were originally planning on a 7AM train down to NYC, but late at night we realize this would require about a 5:30 wakeup and we're beat. Also, the train is about 130 bucks. We decide instead to get the 9AM bus, which is much more reasonable time and money-wise.

One thing I do miss is history around every corner in this part of the country. I mean real, "American" history. One of the things I love about Europe is that you can be walking along a modern street and off to the side will be multi-hundred-year-old buildings, monuments, and more. I love that feeling, and it's all over the east, albeit slightly younger. Seattle has history, but in a very different kind of way, and admittedly I haven't learned a lot about it yet.

As an example, on the way to the bus station, my brother points out the first Baptist church.



No comments: