Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Not A Clock

I'm pretty squarely in the not-all-that-impressed-by-kids camp. While I appreciate that kids do things like draw and write and sing and stuff, most of the time they suck at it. This is just reality. Maddox may have illustrated it best, albeit slightly violently.

The buses here do the same thing they do on the subway in NYC, featuring various art and poetry. I saw this one today and I liked it a lot, and then realized it was by a 6yr old. Still, I like it a lot. In case you can't read it:

I dream about trees
Some are little
Some are big
Some are medium
They pull out their roots and walk to my house
They knock it down
Eat my entire town
And all because
Everything there
Is made of trees

-Sharon Zumwalt, age 6

Nice work, Sharon.

Everyone has been asking me how my new job is going and it's going...totally fine. I've taken a very what-I-assume-to-be-Zen approach to work. I'm not looking for it to be the all-fulfilling thing in my life, nor am I looking to grow old and die at this job. This is simply a totally acceptable way for me to earn a living at this time. We'll just see how it goes.

No comments: