Monday, January 21, 2008

Me Time

I'm feeling normal again, and that's a good thing. After my sick 1st week at work, the second one went a lot better. I'm doing well, and have managed not to mess anything up too badly.

M has been having a "girls' weekend" and I am taking some time to catch up on movies, reading, and emails. Before anyone gets too excited about the reading part, I should mention that the book is MS Project 2003. Yeah... Woohoo.

Last week, M and I went out to the ale house for a new job mini-celebration. I ordered a Mac & Jack, and M just had water. The bartender brought our drinks with a "Barley water for you, and a regular water for you" which I found awesome.

I also met some of the people I work with, and hit up a happy hour or two. I wound up sort of inviting myself out this week with some co-workers to a shooting range where we played five stand. I did not do well. I think I hit 2, and that might be generous. It was a lot of fun though. The key point is that this place did not rent guns, so you had to bring your own. This is my first time really living anywhere where this is not just possible, but completely normal. The people I was with had grown up hunting and shooting, so I tried to play it as cool as possible. I got to shoot an over/under (two barrels on top of each other) and next time (if they invite me) I'll try the pump-action.

Also, we went to a drive-in burger joint afterwards. You turn on your lights for service, and they heng your food on trays out of the window while you eat in the car. Weird, but good.

Well, I'm going into my third week of work and all is good so far. I'm not looking to this job to be the all-fulfilling thing in my life, and I'm hoping that some creative sparks start reigniting fairly soon. I miss them.





No comments: