Tuesday, August 21, 2007

One Shot

The wheat bread and banana bread have been eaten. Tomorrow I will make a coffee-beer bread which will be fun, and hopefully a bit smoother that my last effort.

Yesterday wrapped up before I really had much chance to do anything with it. I don't even remember if I had anything in particular for dinner.

Tonight for dinner we'll have chicken stir-fry, courtesy of Safeway's meat department. Nearby that department were these paper towels, featuring "HYDRASORB Technology". Google had this to say:

"HYDRASORB* is a semi-occlusive highly absorbent hydrophilic, polyurethane foam dressing that will hold up to 20 times its weight."

Ok, I don't think this is the same thing as is being used in these 8 rolls for 5 bucks paper towels. I could be wrong though.

Continuing to google this term I found someone else had googled the same thing and blogged about it as well. Surreal! He's also in Seattle. Uber-Surreal! I think this dude may have some anger issues to work out, though.

Further research (thanks, other dude's blog) found this press release, with this lovely bit of tid:

"Several U.S. retailers will market Potlatch's new ultra towel with the Potlatch Hydrasorb(TM) trademark on their packaging, confirming that their towels are manufactured with advanced technology that produces superior towel attributes."

I don't even know where to go with that.

Today has flown by rapidly. Posts will be a bit less prolific this week for reasons that I can't go into right now but will be happy to explain offline. Holla if you want.

I should be back to my usual self next Tuesday or so. Check that, I really hope things are "normal" come Tuesday.

Cryptic much? Yes, thank you.

No comments: