Monday, August 20, 2007

If I May Muse

Earlier this weekend I was flipping channels and ran across this "movie", starring Bright from Everwood and Winnie from Wonder Years, who was honestly a bit disturbing in a cleavage-baring midriff shirt and tights.

Basically, nanobots have been released from their frozen arctic prison and have formed a cloud of terror that destroys Seattle and moves towards LA, only to be stopped by a nuclear weapon. Oh wait, the nuclear option is prevented at the last minute by the two stars who realize that an EMP pulse will suffice and carry it up to neutralize the cloud in a cellulose (paper) airplane.

I thought about this movie again today because of this article on CNN (yes, I know nanobots aren't exactly the same thing as artificial life, but it's related). Wow, I really hope we get to see some of this soon, partially because I'm really looking forward to seeing the inevitable creator-bolstering arguments this will foster by Jack Chick and his ilk. Science ROCKS!!!

Also, movie poster with a dude on fire? Check.

No comments: