Monday, May 19, 2008

Chillage Needed

Brace yourselves - this is a (not "the") bagel post.

Specifically, with M gone and no one for me to wake up with early-morning puttering around the kitchen, I've decided to finally bring bagels to the office. I've still got 2 in the fridge and I'm going to make 12 more. My manager has requested egg bagels and whole wheat bagels, neither of which I've done before, so I decide to step up and do it.

It takes about 45 minutes to prep the three doughs, and then another half hour to get them cut and rolled after they rise. The whole wheat especially is really difficult to work with, and I'm a bit nervous about how they'll turn out. I should have used less WW and more regular flour in them.

The fun part will be that to get these ready before work, I'll need to start heating the oven at 5:30 and start baking at 6. I'll be tired, but I think it will be fun to play baker for a day.

Yeah, Brian - I know it doesn't compare to dairy farming. Leave me my simple joys, will you?

I can't believe I'm looking at waking up at 5:30 as a simple joy.




No comments: