Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Rusty Chef

M has sent me my suit for use during my presentation. I'm awake after almost no sleep and I go up to the meeting room to review what I've got with my counterpart and his boss, and to rehearse. I like the prospect of being in front of a room again. It's been months since I taught a class, and even the idea of a presentation gets my inner showman revved up.

I'm hoping the exhaustion can hold out for a few more hours.

With the exception of the soundproof-less windows that bring us the melodies of sirens throughout the entire day, my presentation goes over well. Although it wasn't the amazing, polished spectacle I was aiming for (i was a bit flat, and the questions from the audience hijacked things a bit), the salient points got across and I felt the work we had done for the past few weeks had been well-represented.

I promptly drifted in and out for the rest of the day.

Once the meeting was over, our event for the night was an "Iron Chef"-style cooking competition at a local cooking supplies shop. I was too beat to go, but wandered over anyway.

Before heading in, I had to deal with a support issue. On the phone with one of the support guys back in NYC, we discussed Belgian WWI battles and fields of poppies and that was the highlight of my day.



No comments: