Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Porkonite

They had a typical pub food selection, which included a pulled pork sandwich in a homemade Jack Daniels BBQ sauce that I felt had to be tried. Really, I have trouble resisting pulled pork. It calls to me. Mi amor, mi corazon, usted es mi debilidad.

I wound up cutting through the whole thing so quickly that I only thought to get a picture when it was pretty much gone.

That clump of brown and slaw is all that remains. The roll on the right was the top of the bun that I had removed and discarded. Sometimes I prefer to eat pulled pork sandwiches with a fork, and that top bun gets in the way.

What, everyone does that, right?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Without the top bun, doesn't that make it an "open-faced" sandwich?

anzioj said...

Well, it loses its sandwich status after the top bun is removed, making "open-faced sandwiches" a self-contradiction.

I should have been clearer in that I sometimes prefer to remove the top bun and eat (the thing that remains) with a fork