Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Another Great Thing

I really love how seriously places here take their food and drink. I think I've mentioned this before, but this picture should bring the point home.

I mean, I'm out at a pub, and I think there's 15 beers on tap, plus a huge selection of liquor, if you're so inclined (they even have chartreuse, B&B, and Croatian slivovitz, just to name a disparate few).

Also, my food was homemade, including the fries, which were fresh cut. Now by no means am I saying that ALL places here are like that. I've been to some pretty crappy places, including the 2nd-worst chinese ever, but there are always plenty of places that seem to "get it", and I really appreciate that. That was one of the fears coming out here from NYC, which is so hardcore about everything that I was worried I was spoiled for all other places.

Granted, I do wish I could find some good Chinese, but I've got time to get that sorted out.


No comments: