Friday, May 16, 2008

Moore St.

There are a bunch of Eastwood movies on this weekend and with the apartment to myself, I will probably watch some of them.

Firefox was the first "violent" movie I can remember seeing. I could not have been older than 8 or 9, and was living in Hartsdale, right down the street from where Malcolm X is buried (fun fact for the day).

At the end of our street in Poet's Corner (all streets were named for poets, so it should have been called Poet Corners - given that there were multiple corners) there was a family with two kids, Zeeshan and Imrhan. I hung out with them fairly often and one day we watched this movie on VHS in their basement. I remembered almost nothing about this movie until I saw part of it again a few years ago, except that someone got hit or shot and there was orangey blood, and I was like, "whoa, blood" at the time.

Looking at this description, I probably don't need to watch it again. Unforgiven is on afterwards though, and I will definitely watch that.

"He shoulda armed himself..." is one of my favorite movie lines ever.



No comments: