Saturday, May 17, 2008

For A Time It Was

Last night, I realized I was out of balance bars, and instead of hiking up to the store, I decided to make chocolate-chip muffins for breakfast. They're easy to make, but it probably would have been simpler and healthier to get get the bars.

The muffins turned out at best mediocre, and at worst dry and flavorless. With coffee they were at least a baked flour-product, which is sometimes all you really need.

PeterE and I are making an early morning (9AM) Pike Market run today. I'm planning on hitting some other places as well and just having a good time wandering around.

I grab the bus and catch some tunes on the way there. November Rain comes on, and man, I still love that song. When I was 15 or 16 this was probably my favorite song, and I used to blast it on speakers I kept in my bag while on the bus to summer camp (I was a counselor at the time).

I downloaded this mp3 in college, back on my windows 3.1 machine, hence the filename "GNR-NOVR". I did all my songs with a 3-char bandname, 4-char song name abbreviation, and I've never changed them. I like the autobiographical aspect of not changing file names or the folder structures I keep my music in. Do I always know if a song I want is in "Cheese" or "Dance (largely cheese part 2)"? No.

I'm fine with that.

I rock out a bit, walking to the market.



No comments: