Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Bobble On

Riding in today I got a new poem. The words aren't all visible, but you'll get the idea. The missing pieces are

line 1: "...small desires"
line 2: "...unfortunate sounds"
line 3: "...next to strangers"

I really enjoyed this one, since I am a bobble-commuter myself. I could have done without the unnecessarily erudite use of "cephalic", but I'm feeling generous.

I neglected to pack lunch and had to buy a sandwich from the kind of weird deli next to work. They're never very busy and they have a refrigerated case with almost nothing in it. The stuff they do have is very minial and odd for a deli, like quince paste and fig bread.

Anyway, the guy who owns it made my sandwich and he had this kid taking the orders. When the kid was being a bit slow with some people who came in after me, the guy turns to me and says, "I need to get a girl in here. Girls are good for customers."

No comments: