Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The Best Laid Plan(t)s

M and I are going to Via Tribunali, the local high-end pizza joint for dinner. We're going a bit more subdued for this year's anniversary.

Man, 2 years. Crazy. It's been 8 years together though, so it's not THAT crazy. Still weird though. It already seems like a long time ago.

M would like flowers (a rare request from her) and I know she loves lavender so I walk up the hill from the bus stop to get her a plant. I don't get flowers really, the whole point of them is weird. As a metaphor for a relationship they're fragile and short-lived. Plants can live forever with proper care and they're way more awesome.

I of course don't plan for a good way to get the plant home. It's a bit unwieldy (is anything really "wieldy"?), and after a few blocks I get the brilliant idea to use my bag.

This works out well, although you can see here what my view was like on the way home.

Happy Anniversary, M. This still rocks.




No comments: