Saturday, April 26, 2008

Stroll

M and I go for a walk today to drop off and pick up some books at the library. It's an old building, and I like the Carnegie shout-out.

I remember reading a book on him when I was probably 10, but I don't remember anything discussing the complex labor issues going on at the time. I watched a special recently on the Homestead Strike, and I'm not really surprised that it didn't make it into a children's bio of the guy. All the same, it makes me think of all the bios I had to read as a kid and how whitewashed they all were. I remember one about Kit Carson and how awesome he was as well.

Anyway, it is a beautiful day. We see some obscene graffiti on a sign next to a park where little league is playing, and a German Firefighting truck parked in an alley.






No comments: