Friday, April 25, 2008

As Expected

The DragonFires are in town, and after missing the bus, I walk home and we all hang out. It's great to see them and I hope they move up here soon. (note to DragonFires: move here soon)

In celebration, I decide to bust out the Bud Light "Chelada" - the beer and clamato taste EXPLOSION!!! I'm expecting a weird beer-bloody mary thing. Will it be any good? Let's find out.

The first thing you'll notice is the label, explaining in both English and Spanish how the great tastes of Bud Light and Clamato have been combined.

Opening the can and pouring reveals a light-red colored beverage with minimal head and lots of carbonation.

The aroma is reminiscent of beer, tomato, and clam. Mostly, the clam, but also the beer, and definitely the tomato.

As a note to the allergic, this beer contains a warning that it contains shellfish. Again, this beer contains shellfish.

As for the taste, let's look at it this way. It's beer (Bud Light - not even beer...), tomato, and clam.

There's 24 oz of this stuff. I barely finish 3 before deciding that this just isn't worth it. I am not surprised.

We head off to Via Tribunali, a gourmet-ish pizza place where I get a "calzone" that is an really just a stuffed pizza. It's quite large, and I bring it home for lunch tomorrow.









No comments: