Friday, April 18, 2008

Sin Full

I'm a bit embarassed. In my urge to have all my old favorites today, I've really misjudged how much I can eat.

The beer from earlier, plus the takoyaki, and a Louie G's ice cream appetizer means that my wings/burger/fries/beer does not get fully consumed. T2 calls me out on it, and is right to do so. I'm sorry, Bonnies. Your chipotle mayo is the zenith of fat-and-smokey-based flavorness.

J and Q met up with us for dinner as well, and there was much catching up. We headed over to a bar next door to hang out until S got back. While waiting, J and Q saw a city bus go by with its display flashing "Call Police", so we did. I called 311 (I'm hesitant to call 911 unless I'm being shot or something ever since I was younger and the 911 operator yelled at me for calling them after my friend's car ran over a possum). The 311 operator tells me that this IS an emergency (shoulda figured) and says he's going to transfer me to 911, and that he'll talk first.

When the 911 operator picks up, and asks for information, the 311 op jumps in and rattles off a string of code numbers for what seemed like a long time and then jumps off the line while I explain what happened. I'm as clear as I can be, and we wait around for a bit just in case they want to call me back.

About 10 minutes later, some cop cars come by. I hope it all worked out.

S and B (the fiancee) are headed to their wedding site to taste some bbq for the party early in the morning. I'm gonna sleep in the Jungle Room of his apt, which is pretty awesome. My crash there won't last very long, though. It'll be a 4:45AM wakeup and subway ride.

I'm sure the fleece will work well for subway napping on the way to my parents.

Also, it's been a year since we arrived in Seattle. Crazy talk.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why on earth did you get up at 4:45 on a Saturday!?