Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Idle Wilding

It's been really good to spend time with my family. It'll be a while before I can get back to see them again, and I'm glad that both my brother and I were able to be here.

A very old friend (3rd grade) moved back to Queens after several years in Glasgow, and I finally went to his place in Bay Terrace to see him, his wife, and their relatively new kid.

We caught up for a while, and it was a good end to the trip. I hope they come out to visit, but I know it's a long way. It would be great if our friends from east came out to see us, but that's just not so practical.

Anyway, I wound up moving pretty quickly through JFK, craving some fast food, and found myself at this awful place. It took them 15 minutes to get my order together, while the grumpy guy waiting next to me kept loudly complaining about how long his order was taking. Ah, NY.

I made it to the gate as my flight was boarding and had to eat in my seat. It was an uneventful ride back, but wow, staying awake on that flight was not fun. I almost always sleep, but this time I didn't, and it took forever. Remind me not to do that again.

Getting off the plane, I saw this guy wearing a Thundercats shirt, made to look like one of those gas station attendant nametag shirts. It was wild.




No comments: