Thursday, March 27, 2008

Shot On Sight

My commute takes between 25 and 35 minutes, which is 2 buses at 9 or 10 mins each and then various waiting times. It goes by quickly, but it's very different than my NY commute, which was about the same timing. 9 or 10 minutes on a bus isn't really enough time to do anything. By "do anything" I mean sleep. I used to really like that I would get on the subway, find a seat, and conk out for 20 mins. Now I'm kinda dozey, but it's not the same.

Also, the bus comes about every 20 minutes, so if I miss one, I'm stuck waiting around for a while. Today my bus pulled up directly behond the one I needed to transfer to, just as it pulled away from the curb. Rather than wait around, I decided to walk home, and just grab the bus when it passed by. As it turned out, the next bus was late, and 30 minutes later I was home, no bus in sight. I like this, because a brisk walk home at the end of the day was very pleasant. I will try to do this more often.

On the walk, I noticed a license plate with a Jimmie Johnson frame (for M) and a this window sticker on another car. There are no shortage of bumper stickers around here.



No comments: