Sunday, March 23, 2008

Onsite

I have to go onsite to the client occasionally, and often it's not really necessary for me to be there. Here I am on a conference call for one project while attending a meeting for another. I'm taking notes and also taking really close-up pictures of my finger.

The job is still totally fine. People ask me if it makes me happy, and my answer to that right now is N/A. I'm not looking for this to make me happy. I want something that I'm decent at, can provide a decent living, and at least moves my "career" laterally, if not forward.

I spend a bunch of time wondering what exactly I want to do with my life, and I feel like I'm getting past the point where that's really a valid thing to be doing. There's definitely a time-crunch, and just having a job that doesn't take everything out of me is a good start.

At this point, I feel I've answered my big question of "Is this what I want to do?" and the answer is no. At least not in this kind of way. I'm pretty good at this, but I can't say that it's a ton of fun or all that fulfilling.

Which is totally fine.




No comments: