Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Not What FDR Meant

I meant to wake up early today and didn't. The alarm went off, but I just kept myself in that light doze for an hour or so until I realized that really, I needed to go to work. I don't miss much about my old job, but checking mail at 6AM and then occasionally being able to fall back asleep in my cup of coffee was nice.

This was a day in which I managed to complete a lot of tasks at work yet not really get much done, to paraphrase Hack, but it kept me busy. One of the other PMs brought Banh Mi for everyone but it was nothing compared to the place T and I used to go in NY, Saigon Banh Mi, in the back of a jewelry store. I'll be back in NY Apr 18 and you can bet I will be going there. I'll also hit Otafuku for some much-missed takoyaki. Mmmmmmmm.

I got to catch up a bit with Kath today, which was very cool, and it is crazy awesome that she's actually been to that bakery I mentioned yesterday.

I had to work late, which meant 6:30, and otherwise the evening was nicely uneventful. There's not a whole lot to report. I've started making my own pasta (used an AP/WW/Semolina blend) and had some tonight with tuna and a spicy mayo/sriracha sauce. I don't know how the rest of you feel about sriracha, but it is fantastic. I've been putting it on everything.

I read the news a lot, and when I have a few spare minutes at work, I bring up CNN or Google. The CNN habit I picked up at my first job in '99, when that was just where you went for news. In the past few years, I've just watched the utility of the news on that site go way down. I think I might have to quit, and just stick with Google or AP or something.

I did love this headline though.

No comments: