Sunday, March 23, 2008

Get My Gluten On

My parents gave me an Amazon gift certificate so I decided to treat myself to something I've wanted for a while, a 50-lb bag of high-gluten flour. You may remember my "gluten flour" failure and since then I've really wanted to try baking with the real thing. Unfortunately, you really can't find it in stores, and when I have found it, it has been in little overpriced bags. In general, HG flour is 5 times more expensive (buck a pound) than regular old AP flour, so it's not something I really want to spend MORE on.

It arrived, and I needed to figure out how to store it given the space limitations in the apt, and the desire to not have any larvae in it.

Mush helped, and in the end the place looked like a coke lab.

I've gone through over half of it in 2 months.





1 comment:

kc said...

HA! That last picture is awesome. Remind me someday to take a picture of all the kinds of flour here -- there are so many! I should bake more...