Monday, January 7, 2008

The Law

I thought I was being all clever setting up a virtual machine to handle all my downloads and "sketchy" application testing so that I could avoid viruses and such on my real machine. It's a good idea, but every few hours it wipes out my network connection. Ugh. It beats viruses, malware, and other internet beasties though. So I'll stop complaining.

Today was my first day at the new gig. It was busy, exciting, and a little scary. There's a lot to do and not much time to learn. I'm not worried though.

Not much else to report on the life front, just taking it one day at a time and so far, so good.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought about using a virtual machine but I'm too lazy. In fact, I don't even have any AV software running on my server, but after years of 'downloading' without infection I just don't think it's necessary or useful.

Also, you might also want to look into PeerGuardian. It adds another layer of protection if you're using bit torrent.