Sunday, August 19, 2007

I Have No Idea What I'm Doing

After the tour, we went back to hotel and wandered the area. We grabbed some coffee and hung out and talked.

We passed a Vietnamese place called "What the Pho?"

Chris and I discussed comic-book movies for quite some time as well, which thrilled M to no end. Apparently in "Van Helsing", the titular character may have actually been the archangel Gabriel. Wow. Sigh. M shopped while we did this after managing to make it through an impressive 30 minutes of such discussion. The 30 minutes wasn't impressive, but M making it through that was.

We left Chris to prepare for his interview, and went home to wrap up the weekend. M crashed on the couch while I prepped my bread. This isn't a slight on Alton, since I'm sure there's just something I'm not getting, but I had no idea what the hell I was supposed to do to prepare this dough. Really, I read over the technique and instructions like 10 times and was totally lost. Eventually I wound up winging it (and may have put in the wrong kind of flour) and left it in the fridge to rise overnight.

In this photo, I am in the autolyse (resting) step after having overmixed this thing for a long time. This is not going to turn out delicious.




No comments: