Sunday, August 26, 2007

B2TW

If any of you are thinking of eating meatloaf from Ken's, I wouldn't suggest it. That was my lunch, and it wasn't cool.

I dropped by D.Cyclone's place to help her get her computer set up and then it was back to work. As late night approached, Return of The King was on, which was a great gift. It's nice to have sound and light in the background, but you don't want anything too interesting or it's distracting. Since I probably have this movie almost memorized, that wasn't really a problem. Every now and then someone would yell out, "Frodo!" and I would look up, and a character would look sullen, and then there would be slow-motion, and fighting, and sometimes both.

Also, it was NOT the extended edition, which is kinda lame. You're already taking up 4:15 of programming time to show this thing, just make it an even 5 and be done with it. Plus then you get the scene with the Mouth of Sauron, who, while not particularly integral to the plot, is seriously badass.

I mean, the guy even gets screentime in the animated version (so, so, so not badass-looking (honestly, the dude looks like a serious tool there) ) so do us all a favor and don't skimp next time. Yeah, I know he can't see, and that makes him even more badass. Which part of this do you not get?



No comments: