Monday, May 26, 2008

One More Marshmallow

It's finally time to leave. We spend a few hours packing up and are in no rush to get back. I discover, while packing up the food, that dipping marshmallows in peanut butter is very delicious.

On that note, I've had a lot more s'mores this weekend that I typically do. I think I'm enjoying them more as I get older. I was never a big fan before.

The camping spirit is still very alive even as we pack. There's a T.DF in that top tent shot, acting like a giant cat.

The dogs do their part as well, and M&M have a surprising amount of difficulty folding a tent part.

On the way out, I look up and see all the rising smoke from various campsite breakfast fires and just enjoy the visual. There's something incredibly peaceful about the trees, smoke, crackling fire-sounds, and the smell of the woods.

I'll miss it until the next time.







No comments: