Friday, May 23, 2008

Axes and Cars

I've been singing imaginary lyrics to G'N'R's "Coma" in my head that go "Hey, we're going to Tacoma" (we're not) over and over for a while now.

On a related note, thanks to my brother, I also unfortunately know that in one of his songs, Sir Mix-A-Lot gives a shout-out to his "homies in Tacoma".

I don't think I've been on a Puget Ferry since my first trip out here in 2001 or 2002. I was doing a training for a client in Kitsap, which was a very working-class area and there was nothing to do. I think I ate dinner at the Safeway and at the bar next to my motel. I did however take the ferry back over on my way to the airport and wander around Seattle a little. I remember liking it, which is probably a good thing.

I enjoy the obligatory fire-axe, and the municipal bus that appears to be transporting people on the ferry. Weird.

It's a short trip, maybe a little more than 30 minutes, and most of that is spent loading and unloading cars.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sir Mixalot is local - his song "Posse on Broadway" refers to Capitol Hill :) That sort of put things in perspective when I first found that out.