Thursday, October 4, 2007

Floundered Attempt

It's been 24 hours so my bread for tomorrow is set to go. I get it out of the bowl somewhat poorly and then ungracefully drop it into the clay oven. The result was a flat, ugly, misshappen loaf that tastes totally awesome.

M decided to mix up the batch for the next day. She either used a bit more flour or a bit less water, so we'll see what effect that has. This is definitely a try-often kind of thing, so I'm sure we'll have it refined in a few days. I also picked up some rye flour, so I'll try that later this weekend.

I know that you could easily say that we're going to be having way too much bread, but on the other hand this is 50% whole wheat,it replaces other carbs we'd be having, and we know what's in it.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Too much bread? Pshaw! We will post a chapati recipe on our blog soon, and THEN you will be having too much bread. Flatbreads for every meal!!

Did you know that a flounder starts with one eye on each side? Then once it starts swimming around all sideways on the bottom, the lower eye *migrates* to the top. That is totally wack.

Anonymous said...

Ew, Eileen, a migrating eye? That's disgusting! And how do you know that??

Anonymous said...

p.s. This picture makes it look like a slab of raw meat!

SKBK said...

Yeah, that is pretty much the ugliest looking bread I have ever seen. Which is not to say that I'm not really really really excited to come over to your house for bread sometimes. :)