Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Why Did I Not Think of This Before?

We felt like a treat, so we hit up Cold Stone Creamery to get our frozen dairy on.

I know it's a chain, but I've never actually been there, so figured it would be worth a shot. Once inside, I saw they have an ice cream flavor called "Cake Batter", which I could not possibly have been expected to resist.

Other than the crowd of youthful idiots (one of whom said she was getting married in three days, which I guess she took to mean she could do anything she wanted) who let their friends in line ahead of us and doubled the line size, the place was fine. I ordered a shake with cake batter ice cream and brownies, which turned out to be an excellent choice. It really tasted like brownie yellow cake. Nicely done.

Of course, it was no Manning's, but damn was it good.


2 comments:

Brian said...

When we get back from San Fran, I'm going to try and send you some real ice cream. Let me know what you want and I'll try out the new dry ice limits.

anzioj said...

I'm partial to Charlie Brownie, Chocolate Peanut Butter, and Cookie Dough. M likes Mississippi Mud Pie.

Ah, dry ice. Is there anything it can't do?