Monday, July 30, 2007

Not the Device

Today was a slow day. Weeks of running on fumes has given me a sleep deficit like you wouldn't believe. I'm exhausted all the time and I haven't run or done my other exercises in 3 weeks. As does everyone who finds themselves in this situation, I ate a bunch of pasta with fake buffalo wings for dinner, watched a Mariner's game on tv (bought tickets to the Friday Red Sox-Mariner's game, woohoo!) and decided I would start exercising again tomorrow.

Before dinner, M and I thought we would go for a walk, but only made it about 200 feet up the street when we couldn't figure out where we wanted to go or what we wanted to do. So we went back home. Very exciting, I know.

We also found out today that our landlords got a new place that they are moving into and are planning to rent the upstairs to two (not-together) 30-something girls who we will get to meet soon, hopefully.

Up by the bus stop where I do pullups we saw these blackberries growing but I didn't feel like eating them and getting some horrible wild blackberry disease. That would totally not be what I need right now. It reminded me of all the fresh fruit we saw in Germany that looked amazing but we hardly got around to buying because we were saving money. In Nuremberg we actually bought a big thing of blackberries (appropriate given the BlackBerry's prominence in the trip) and ate it in about two minutes and they were ok, but not as good as they looked. Damn you, illusory German fruit!

The most exciting thing we did all day was play with the heat-sensitive watermark on my pay stub, where if you squeeze it or breathe on it, the "ADP" disappears and comes back a while later.

I'll try to do better in the morning.





No comments: