Thursday, July 19, 2007

Nice Day

The streets were thick with people and it took us 30 minutes to get onto the L platform to get back to the hotel.

I had to get to the hotel to pick up my bags before getting to ORD, and once we actully got to the train, it went fine from there.

Clearing security was a nightmare though. ORD may have replaced LAX for my "extreme pit of hell" airport award. There was the ID-checker who said to the people behind me "Damn, you got a long time to wait", and "Scuze us, Scuze us" as he brough people to the front of the line. It was seriously unprofessional. There was also the constant stream of people being pushed to the front of the line by security, who were trying to make sure they didn't miss their flights. It might have been a better idea to spread this out between ALL the security lines, instead of bringing everyone to our line.

Maybe I was just being antsy from the past few days, but it really ticked me off.

My flight was delayed, of course, since after all I was in Chicago, the source of all air traffic delays, so I got a salmon pizza and waited.

I got back to Seattle around midnight and was very happy to be home. M was happy too.


No comments: