Thursday, April 24, 2008

Food Prices

I love this disconnected non-worry that I have at work. I've mentioned this a bunch of times, but I just can't get over how great it is to leave work and just not worry about it. I come home and cook, or hang out with M, or whatever. Ahhhh...

Anyway, getting back to the horrible problems of the world, I'm really interested in the apparent food crisis. I wish I knew how to really separate the news fear-mongering from the actual content on this topic, but given the riots in a bunch of countries it seems pretty serious. I know how lucky I am to be in a country where this problem isn't quite so obvious, but I know that will only last so long. Just like the fossil fuel problems, I have a feeling this will catch up with us sooner rather than later.

So on that note, I decided to see what my high-gluten flour was going for. It was 50 bucks when I bought it back in January and you can see where it is now. I'm sure there are a lot of factors that have contributed to this, but all the same, I'm definitely going to keep an eye on this.


No comments: