Sunday, March 23, 2008

Not All Is Different

Doing grocery shopping in big trips is something I have not gotten used to. I am just not very good at planning ahead for what I want a day from now, much less 3 or 4 days from now. However, I don't have a supermarket and 3 convenience stores within a minute of the apt anymore, so I've been trying to get more in the non-NYC mindset for this.

Fortunately, I realized that right where I transfer buses after work there is a very nice, if slightly overpriced supermarket. Although we still get our staples from the Safeway or QFC, it's nice to just be able to hop over on my way home and pick up stuff to make dinner and tomorrow's lunch.

I found this wine brand that I am totally in love with. I haven't tried it (20 bucks a bottle), but wow, it's hard to target your marketing at me any more than this.

Also, I totally want this ring: http://itsno.name/index.html. I'm all about my AG.

Also also, I'm in love with this comic: http://xkcd.com/123/. I know I'm a bit late to the game on this one. Not only do I like the geek jokes, but if you start reading through these, there's some great, genuine emotion that I don't see very often elsewhere. Big fan.



No comments: