Friday, September 21, 2007

Walkin' in the Rain

The power of the sun is definitely fading, and grey seems more the norm than anything else. After work, M and I chilled for a while and did some reading. The Bread Baker's Apprentice has arrived and it is awesome. There's so much in there I want to try, and I know I need to be patient and get good at the basics before rushing off and getting into something more difficult.

M and I are going to get some needed equipment (scale, probe thermometer, and such) and get started on a couple of these this weekend. Tomorrow will be English Muffins, and then perhaps a pain à l'ancienne (good for baguettes AND pizza) once we get our gear.

M was feeling antsy so we decided to walk a ways to a pizza place we had not tried yet that is near a local university. Ah, college-ish towns. I definitely don't miss that kind of environment, which is funny when you think how much I missed it right after I left.

It was lightly raining on our way to the pizza place, but after a few minutes we didn't even notice it.

Oh, remember how I said I gave the snugglin' (not eatin') pig picture to M for use on her blog? Well, she didn't use it, so here it is.




No comments: