Sunday, September 2, 2007

Loungy No Pigs

When M and I took our vacation to CA a few years back, we saw a ton of sea lions off of the wharf. There was one in particular that was the most chill sea lion ever, so we named him Mr. Loungy. He did not let ANYTHING interrupt his lounging, and more power to him for that.

There's really no point to going to a state fair unless you see some animals. It's not like you go for the rides, and you can get similar food at a street fair. The animals are what make it a "State" fair.

Granted, it must be a lot less or a lot more interesting for people who actually are around animals all the time, but I love this stuff. We saw some prize-winning rabbits and guinea pigs, but this guy here was chilling out and looked like he had LIVED a little.

We also saw some pigs (both eatin' pigs and snugglin' pigs) but since they're M's favorite things, I gave the pics to her for her blog. I remember when I saw my first pig (not just a piglet) at the state fair in NY and was amazed at how big they are. Crazy weird animals. I'm from NYC. Where am I supposed to see pigs? They don't exactly roam the LES and ride the subway, do they?

Please, the next time I go to NY, let me find pigs riding the subway, wearing waistcoats and carrying pocketwatches. That would be awesome.


No comments: