Saturday, September 29, 2007

Because It Makes Me Happy

I woke up this morning and decided to make pancakes and muffins, although the muffins would not be for immediate consumption.

I used Alton's recipes for each (substituting yogurt for buttermilk though). The pancakes were amazing. M said they were a bit much for "everyday" pancakes (not that we eat pancakes every day), but that they were great for special occasions. So if any of you come visit, I'll make them again.

The pancakes disappeared quickly and I moved on the the muffins. The only "bits" we had were chocolate chips (no berries or anything), so that's what went into the batter. The batter was way more dry than I THOUGHT it should be, but I think that's just because I'm used to more cakey muffins.

Anyway, the texture came out great, drier than what I'm used to (as it was supposed to be), but still very tender. M pointed out that they should have more sugar next time, and fewer chocolate chips, just to even out the flavor distribution a bit. I agree.

So now I've got a lot of muffins. Anybody want one?

Tonight we're making a roast. More pictures to come, and I promise at some point, I will do something other than talk about what we've been cooking, or watching.











No comments: