Friday, August 31, 2007

Not Soon Enough

M went out for dinner with some friends, and dropped me off on the way for a much-needed haircut.

On the way back, I picked up a burrito from the local taco place, which is really no Uncle Moe's. Sigh.

PeterN stopped by later to chill and hang for a bit. He was headed to see a band at a bar somewhere but neither of us was really feeling it, so we called it a night.

I watched a few minutes of "House of Flying Daggers" and decided that I just did not have it in me to watch another martial arts epic. I had seen "Hero" recently and I think my interest in artsy period/fighting/weird movies is done for a while.

I cannot say that this movie was especially interesting. I wonder what a more western-oriented (not cowboys) "sword and sandals"-type movie would be like if it were this artsy. I think it might do what "Thin Red Line" did for artsy war movies, that is to say, suck.

No comments: